[Java lista] openDS Milestone 1

Peter Fabian Peter.Fabian at Sun.COM
2008. Feb. 19., K, 19:26:45 CET

Mivel java és opensource, gondoltam belefér a listába :)
az openDS a Sun új generációs, 1oo% Java-ban írt LDAP szervere.
bővebbet: http://opends.org/

--------------------
Dear OpenDS users and developers,

In the last few months, we've been mostly focusing on stabilizing
the OpenDS server, fixing bugs and adding incremental features. We're
aiming at delivering Milestone 1, in the very few next days, which is
the first step towards the delivery of the OpenDS 1.0 release.

OpenDS 1.0.0-build012 (promoted today and soon to be promoted Milestone
1) already has a large number of features: it is a full LDAPv3 compliant
server supporting many standard and work-in-progress extensions, with
access controls, multi-master replication and much more.

As we take quality and stability as very serious matter, the server has
been heavily tested by a wonderful team of quality engineers:
- Over 70% of the features have been verified.
- Many stress and reliability tests have been run including:
* for up to 7 days sustaining an average of 2000 modifications per
second in a Multi-Master deployment,
* for up to 5 days sustaining an average of 500 added or deleted entries
per second in a Multi-Master deployment.

Past Milestone 1, what are the next steps?
We are expecting a Milestone 2 build with enhancements in about a month
and then the OpenDS Official 1.0 release in May 2008.
OpenDS 1.0 will provide to the community improved stability and reliability.

We would like to hear from you what are your OpenDS 1.0.0-build012
critical features as well as your requirements gap for OpenDS 1.0 release.

The definition process for the OpenDS 2.0 release is starting. We have
already seen interest for some features such as LDAP Transactions, LDAP
Triggers and Stored Procedures, client synchronization services, Control
Panel and Installer GUI enhancements.

It is important for us to understand, in the next few weeks, what
you would like to add to OpenDS, in term of features in the server itself,
as well as integration features around OpenDS that could benefit
a larger community.

So, please send us your feedback, and join us on our next OpenDS
Community conference call, Tuesday March 4th, 9am PST, 6pm CET to
discuss roadmap and future work.

Regards,

Ludovic.
Ludovic Poitou                                    Sun Microsystems Inc.
OpenDS Community Lead               Directory Services
http://blogs.sun.com/Ludo/         Grenoble Engineering Center - France

--
Peter Fabian
Sun Software